Yeah, I know Easter was a week ago. So sue me.
My little baker.
Bird’s Nest Treats place setting (made with Cheerios).
Easter portrait in the backyard.
She wants to be called Alexandra instead of Alex now. But I am old and I forget.
She had an Easter picnic with her stuffed animals in the backyard. She served chocolate covered Peeps, Nerds, and bubble gum. Um, sounds delish!
Goodbye to ice skating.
Alex’s Alexandra’s very expensive competitive ice skates with the special blades for sale on Craigslist. I didn’t even get a bite. I took the skates to Play it Again Sports. They offered me $35. I think I feel sick…
Tags: bird's nest treats, casual portrait photography, dessert, Easter, easy dessert, food, ice skates, kids photography, photography, place settings, portrait photography
I am one of those Pumpkin Pie Haters. Give me any other pie, except Pumpkin, and I’ll eat the whole thing. I made this recipe years ago and I have to tell you, it changed my mind about pumpkin pie. Of course, it’s not really a traditional pumpkin pie…it’s a creamy pumpkin pie.
Recipe from Keebler Ready Crust
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (6-serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust
- In large bowl beat milk, pudding mix and spice with wire whisk for 1 minute. (Mixture will be very thick.) Whisk in pumpkin. Stir in whipped topping. Spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.**
- Store in refrigerator.
- *NOTE: May substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves in place of pumpkin pie spice.
**I plan to sprinkle some chopped Texas pecans atop a dollop of whipped topping before serving…yummy!
This is one of the 2 dishes we plan to make from “scratch” this year. The rest of the Thanksgiving meal is from a local grocery store. It’s completely cooked; all we have to do is heat it up. Let’s face it, easier is better on Thanksgiving day. I hope it’s not a disaster.
Categories: family holiday, Food, Holidays
Tags: creamy pumpkin pie, dessert, easy dessert, food, pie, pumpkin pie, recipes, thanksgiving, thanksgiving desserts
All you need is this:
(I got those telescoping marshmellow roasting sticks pictured in bottom left hand corner at Target…$1 in the Dollar Spot!)
…You get this:
That’s all you need to yummy goodness!