I am one of those Pumpkin Pie Haters. Give me any other pie, except Pumpkin, and I’ll eat the whole thing. I made this recipe years ago and I have to tell you, it changed my mind about pumpkin pie. Of course, it’s not really a traditional pumpkin pie…it’s a creamy pumpkin pie.
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (6-serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust
- In large bowl beat milk, pudding mix and spice with wire whisk for 1 minute. (Mixture will be very thick.) Whisk in pumpkin. Stir in whipped topping. Spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.**
- Store in refrigerator.
- *NOTE: May substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves in place of pumpkin pie spice.
**I plan to sprinkle some chopped Texas pecans atop a dollop of whipped topping before serving…yummy!
This is one of the 2 dishes we plan to make from “scratch” this year. The rest of the Thanksgiving meal is from a local grocery store. It’s completely cooked; all we have to do is heat it up. Let’s face it, easier is better on Thanksgiving day. I hope it’s not a disaster.